Apple finely chopped - 1
Big ripe banana - 1
Raisins - 1/2 cup
Pecans - 1/2 cup (toasted and chopped roughly)
Flax seed powder - 1 Tb spoon (optional)
Plain flour - 1 cup
Wheat flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 - 1 1/4 cup (I have added 1 cup)
Baking powder - 3/4 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon powder -1/4 tsp
Milk - 1 cup
Butter - 3/4 cup
Lemon juice - 1/2 Tb spoon
Chocolate chips – 1 cup (Optional)
- Toast pecans at 350 deg for few min, then cool and chop roughly.
- Sieve dry ingredients together 2-3 times.
- Melt butter in large bowl, add milk and gently fold in dry ingredients.
- Smash banana, and sprinkle lemon juice over it to avoid it from turning black.
- Peel the skin of apple and chop to very small pieces and sprinkle lemon juice.
- Add raisins, banana and apples, mix very lightly.
- Mix in chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
- Keep mixture a bit lumpy, and do not mix too much.
- A lumpy batter makes better muffins.
- Pour spoonfuls of mixture greased in muffin trays, or in small cups.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 deg C for 20 minutes or till done.
- Serve hot or cold. Makes: 18-20 cup sized muffins.
Have a great week !!